Yes, my friends…we will see more chainsaws and sharks and Ian Ziering…SYFY has given a green light to a sixth and final entry in the camp movie franchise…and this one will have time travel!
Finn (Ziering), left in a world devastated at the end of Sharknado 5: Global Swarming, will apparently travel back in time in an attempt to stop the very first Sharknado – and if successful it will be as if it never happened…some may wish it never had. 🙂
Ian Ziering, Tara Reid, Cassie Scerbo, and Vivica A. Fox will all be back as will director Anthony Ferrante. I’m sure in the coming weeks we’ll start hearing the list of guest stars and cameo appearances.
Pack your passport and grab a chainsaw, because Sharknado is going global! Taking the world – and unsuspecting celebrities – by storm, the movie event of the century blows into town this summer, and today, SYFY and The Asylum revealed its chilling title: Sharknado 5: Global Swarming. The latest installment in the hit pop culture franchise premieres on SYFY Sunday, August 6 at 8/7c and will air in more than 100 countries.
Sharknado 5: Global Swarming and the film’s official tagline, “Make America Bait Again!,” are the result of a fan-sourced social initiative launched this April. Calling on fans for inspiration, SYFY invited Facebook users to submit their most creative and outrageous ideas via an interactive bot.
In Sharknado 5: Global Swarming, the mission gets personal for Fin Shepard (Ian Ziering) and his bionic wife, April (Tara Reid) when their young son gets trapped in a traveling ‘nado and transported all over the world. From London to Rio, Tokyo, Rome, Amsterdam and beyond, our globetrotting heroes will seek assistance from a highly-skilled squad of royals, scholars and Olympians, enlisting famous faces from news, entertainment, and sports in their most epic battle yet.
Cameos announced today include:
- Fabio (Model) as the Pope
- Tony Hawk (Professional skateboarder) as a masterful weapons operative strategist
- Clay Aiken (Musician) as Llewelyn, a cutting edge technology genius
- Olivia Newton-John (Musician) and daughter Chloe Lattanzi as Orion and Electra, two brilliant scientists who help defend Australia from a looming Sharknado
- Bret Michaels (Musician) as a visiting artist that gets trapped in the storm
- Margaret Cho (Comedian) as a fussy bride whose honeymoon is interrupted by sharks
- Charo (Musician, Comedian) as The Queen of England
- Gilbert Gottfried (Comedian) as storm chaser Ron McDonald
- Today hosts Al Roker, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb as themselves
- Olympic diving medalists Greg Louganis as Zico, a high-end art thief, and Tom Daley as himself
- Olympic freeskiing medalist Gus Kenworthy and NBC News investigative correspondent Jeff Rossen as themselves
- Porsha Williams (The Real Housewives of Atlanta) as Andromeda, an archeologist and member of the elite “Sharknado Sisterhood”
- Tiffany “New York” Pollard (Flavor of Love) as Vega, a Brazilian black market artifacts dealer
- Chris Kattan (Saturday Night Live) as The Prime Minister of England
- Cat Greenleaf (Talk Stoop) and Dan Fogler (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) as themselves
- Ross Mullan (Game of Thrones White Walker) as Dr. Wobbegon, a scientist who has made breakthroughs in meteorological studies to track Sharknado storms
and many more…
Also reprising their roles from previous installments are Cassie Scerbo, Masiela Lusha and Cody Linley.
Sharknado 5: Global Swarming, a production of The Asylum, is directed by Anthony C. Ferrante based on an original screenplay by Scotty Mullen.
Syfy announced its spring/summer schedule today, which includes the new unapologetic orgy-of-action grindhouse series, BLOOD DRIVE, from Universal Cable Productions. Additionally, the summer staple SHARKNADO will return for its 5th installment, and Syfy will once again feature live coverage from the summer’s biggest genre event, San Diego Comic-Con.
In addition, 12 MONKEYS, KILLJOYS, DARK MATTER, WYNONNA EARP and FACE OFF return.
BLOOD DRIVE – Series premieres Wednesday, June 14 at 10/9c
Get uncomfortable…! In the tradition of classic grindhouse movies, BLOOD DRIVE is a new series soaked in high-octane chaos and just barely approved for television. After Los Angeles’ last good cop (Alan Ritchson) is forced to join a twisted cross-country death race, his only hope of survival is a dangerous femme fatale who has the need for speed (Christina Ochoa). Oh, and forget gasoline… these cars run on human blood! The series is from Universal Cable Productions and executive producers John Hlavin (“Underworld Awakening”), David Straiton (“Bates Motel”) and Frederik Malmberg (“Let Me In”), along with producer Mark Wheeler (“Becoming”). James Roland (“Weeds”) created the project and is a co-executive producer on the series.
MOVIES AND LIVE EVENTS (in order of air date)
LIVE FROM COMIC-CON – Coverage runs Thursday, July 20 – Saturday, July 22 at 11/10c
For the second year in a row, Syfy telecasts live from the heart of San Diego Comic-Con. Bringing the hottest party of the summer to the fans, with direct access to the biggest stars, breaking news, insider party coverage, exclusive content and sneak peeks of the most anticipated films and TV series, each night will bring you the news you need to know from the ‘Con.
SHARKNADO 5 (Working Title) – Premieres Sunday, August 6 at 8/7c
The pop culture phenomenon SHARKNADO blows into town this summer… and this time, the shark-infested storms pick up wind as the world braces for the inevitable – a global shark takeover. Will our chainsaw-wielding hero Fin Shepard (Ian Ziering) and partner in crime April Wexler (Tara Reid) save the world from this jaw snapping-nado…again?
RETURNING SERIES (in order of air date)
12 MONKEYS – Season 3 premieres over 3 consecutive nights Friday, May 19 to Sunday, May 21 from 8-11/7-10c (Previously Announced)
Critically-acclaimed series 12 MONKEYS follows the journey of James Cole (Aaron Stanford), a man from 2043 sent back in time to eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will all but annihilate the human race, and his partner, brilliant virologist Dr. Cassandra Railly (Amanda Schull). In Season 3, the duo embarks on a desperate search across time to find the man responsible for the apocalypse – a time traveler who calls himself the Witness. Killing the Witness will save the world, but the journey will come at tremendous personal stakes for the pair.
DARK MATTER – Season 3 premieres two episodes back-to-back Friday, June 9 at 8/7c (then single episodes air weekly on Fridays at 9/8c)
Based on the graphic novel created by Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, DARK MATTER centers on an intergalactic crew who awaken on a derelict spaceship with no memories of who they are or how they got there. After the EOS 7 space station is destroyed, the survivors fight to stay alive and find the rest of their crew.
WYNONNA EARP – Season 2 premieres Friday, June 9 at 10/9c
Based on the IDW Publishing comic book created by Beau Smith, WYNONNA EARP follows the life of famous lawman Wyatt Earp’s demon-fighting great-great-granddaughter Wynonna (Melanie Scrofano), who inherited Wyatt’s mythic abilities. In Season 2, Wynonna and the gang must face a whole new level of evil when more paranormal beings enter the Ghost Triangle.
FACE OFF – Season 12 premieres Tuesday, June 13 at 9/8c
The award-winning competition series FACE OFF features innovative artists competing for a grand prize and top honor of being Hollywood’s next great special effects make-up artist. McKenzie Westmore, a member of a multigenerational family dynasty whose name is synonymous with the make-up effects field, returns to host.
KILLJOYS – Season 3 premieres June 30 at 8/7c
After sustaining serious personal losses, our trio of interplanetary bounty hunters must come together and prepare themselves for what lies ahead. Tension and tragedy loom over the J Star System as they struggle to assemble an army and prepare for battle.
Sharknados do not respect borders…
Syfy and The Asylum announced today that Ian Ziering and Tara Reid will again star in Sharknado 5 (working title – expect a punny subtitle later…), reprising their roles as shark-fighting heroes Fin Shepard and April Wexler. Principal photography commenced today, February 2, in Bulgaria. The latest film in the hit global franchise, Sharknado 5 features the return of original cast member Cassie Scerbo as Nova, a bartender turned badass Sharknado fighter.
Sharknado 5, which sees the deadly weather phenomenon of shark-infested storms bombard cities around the world, will film in more than 5 countries, including the UK and Australia. Anthony C. Ferrante, who directed the first four films, is back to helm this latest installment, based on a script by Scotty Mullen.
The original 2013 Sharknado film, which introduced a cyclone depositing man-eating sharks on the citizens of Los Angeles, became a worldwide phenomenon and spawned a pop culture franchise. In Sharknado2: The Second One, New York City was the target of the disaster, and in Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!, a mega-sharknado made its way down the “Feast Coast” from Washington, D.C. to Florida. In the most recent installment, Sharknado: The 4th Awakens, the shark-infested storms went national. The film ended with the Eiffel Tower ripping away from Paris and crashing down on Niagara Falls – a chilling indication that no one in the world is safe!
Now, in Sharknado 5, with much of North America lying in ruins, the rest of the world braces for the inevitable – a global sharknado. Fin Shepard and his family must put a stop to this disaster before Earth is completely obliterated.
Still no sign of a musical version though…
If you are still wondering if #AprilLives or #AprilDies, and can’t wait until Sunday, July 31st at 8/7c to see it on Syfy, you can find out now via the following video…
In the meantime, the cameo list continues to grow…the newly listed appearances are:
- Andre “Black Nerd” Meadows (YouTube star) as a Train Conductor
- Carrot Top (“Vegas Headliner”) as an Uber Driver
- Chippendales Dancers (“Chippendales”) as themselves
- DeStorm Power (You Tube/Vine Star) as a National Guardsman
- Dolvett Quince (“The Biggest Loser”) as a Trainer
- Erika Girardi (“The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”) as Tech Frances
- Gilbert Gottfried (comedian) as TODAY Show correspondent
- Seth Rollins (WWE Superstar) as AstroTech Lopez
- Steve Guttenberg (“Colton West,” “Lavalantula,” “2 Lava 2”) as Car Owner
- Hayley Hasselhoff as Supervisor Mary Jane and Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff as Pilot Shaylin
- iJustine (You Tube star) as Supervisor Brock
- Roy Nelson (MMA fighter) as Donnie the Paparazzo
- Stassi Schroeder as Koening and Jax Taylor as a Guardsman (“Vanderpump Rules”)
- Paul Shaffer as himself
They are joining the previously announced potential shark victims:
- Benjy Bronk (“The Howard Stern Show”) as a morning show host
- Corey Taylor (Slipknot) as a Shark World hotel security guard
- Cynthia Bailey (“The Real Housewives of Atlanta”), Robert Herjavec (“Shark Tank”), Kym Johnson (“Dancing with the Stars”), Carrie Keagan (TV host), T’Keyah Crystal Keymah (“In Living Color”) and “Baywatch” stars Gena Lee Nolin and Alexandra Paul as Astro-X rocket scientists and astrophysicists
- David Faustino (“Married with Children”) as a Las Vegas gambler
- Dr. Drew Pinsky (“Loveline”) as a pastor
- Duane Chapman (“Dog the Bounty Hunter”) as a chainsaw dealer
- Frank Mir (MMA fighter) as head of security for the Shark World hotel
- Jay DeMarcus (Rascal Flatts) as manager of the Shark World hotel
- Jedward (Musicians) as Astro Techs
- Jillian Barberie (TV Host) as a train passenger
- Lori Greiner (“Shark Tank”) as a home shopping guru
- Patti Stanger (“Millionaire Matchmaker”) as a reporter
- Stacey Dash (actress and pundit) as the Mayor of Chicago
- Vince Neil (Motley Crue)
- Wayne Newton (aka Mr. Las Vegas)
- Todd, Savannah and Grayson Chrisley (“Chrisley Knows Best”)
No April Fools…the official title for the fourth installment in the Syfy and The Asylum Sharknado franchise will be Sharknado: The 4th Awakens, a play on the most recent Star Wars movie…and two hour original movie will premiere in four months, on Sunday, July 31st at 8PM ET/PT on Syfy.
The fourth installment of the Sharknado franchise will take place five years after the East Coast was ravaged in last summer’s Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!. Fin (Ian Ziering), his family and the cosmos have been blissfully sharknado-free in the intervening years, but now sharks – and ‘nados! – are being whipped up in places (and ways) least expected.
Tara Reid is also set to return as April Wexler to reveal the outcome of the fan-voted #AprilLives or #AprilDies social campaign. David Hasselhoff (as Gil Shepard) and Ryan Newman (as Claudia Shepard) will also reprise their Sharknado 3 roles. New additions to the Sharknado: The 4th Awakens cast include Gary Busey, Tommy Davidson, Imani Hakim, Cody Linley, Masiela Lusha and Cheryl Tiegs (with more to be announced soon!).
Sharknado: The 4th Awakens is a production of The Asylum. Anthony C. Ferrante returns to direct an original screenplay written by Thunder Levin.
Syfy and The Asylum announced today that Ian Ziering will slay again in Sharknado 4 (working title), reprising his role as shark-fighting hero Fin Shepard, while Tara Reid is set to return as April Wexler to reveal the outcome of the fan-voted #AprilLives or #AprilDies social campaign. The fourth addition to the hit global franchise also sees the return of David Hasselhoff as Gil Shepard and Ryan Newman as Claudia Shepard.
Set to premiere on Syfy this July, Sharknado 4 (WT) will take place five years after the East Coast was ravaged in Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!. Fin, his family and the cosmos have been blissfully sharknado-free in the intervening years, but now sharks – and ‘nados! – are being whipped up in places (and ways) least expected…
Sharknado 4 (WT) will also star:
- Gary Busey (Lethal Weapon, Celebrity Apprentice), as Wilford Wexler, April’s father and a lead scientist at Astro-X. He’s at the forefront of advances in the field of robotics.
- Tommy Davidson (Black Dynamite, In Living Color), as Aston Reynolds, playboy tech billionaire. Aston is the CEO of tech company Astro-X, developers of a revolutionary energy system that can stabilize the atmosphere and prevent the formation of tornadoes.
- Imani Hakim (Everybody Hates Chris), as Gabrielle, Matt’s best friend and a fellow soldier. Gabrielle is tough and no-nonsense, can take care of herself and isn’t afraid to show what she’s capable of doing.
- Cody Linley (Hannah Montana, Melissa & Joey), as Matt, Fin and April’s eldest son. After surviving the first Sharknado, Matt finished flight school and joined the Army. He’s experienced the events of the last six years from afar and longs to reunite with his American Hero father.
- Masiela Lusha (George Lopez), as Gemini, Fin’s cousin. Ever resourceful, Gemini is chock full of shark-busting attitude and is ready to dive into the fight once the sharks hit the fan.
- Cheryl Tiegs (The Apprentice), as Raye, Fin’s mother and Col. Gil Shepard’s ex-wife. Raye is a little bit of a former flower child, but not afraid to speak her mind or protect her family.
Currently filming, Sharknado 4 (WT) will include a plethora of additional outrageous and surprising cameos to be announced soon. Stay tuned…
Sharknado 4 (WT) is a production of The Asylum. Anthony C. Ferrante returns to direct an original screenplay written by Thunder Levin.
Proving its might as a global pop culture phenomenon, Syfy’s Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! chomped its way to two billion Twitter impressions – doubling the one billion impressions for 2014’s Sharknado 2: The Second One. Generating more Twitter activity than every episode of the final season of Mad Men, every episode of this season’s The Bachelor and Hillary Clinton’s presidential announcement, Sharknado 3 trended #1 in the United States and #2 worldwide.
Following this record-breaking social media performance, Syfy and The Asylum announced they have greenlit Sharknado 4, expected to make landfall in July 2016. After destroying Los Angeles, New York, Washington, D.C. and much of the Eastern Seaboard, where will the sharks strike next? And will April Wexler (Tara Reid) live or die? Fans can decide if April makes it to Sharknado 4 by voting #AprilLives OR #AprilDies on Twitter or by visiting http://Sharknado.Syfy.com.
Said Chris Regina, Senior Vice President, Program Strategy, Syfy: “Sharknado 3 may have devoured half of America’s celebrities, but there are still hungry fans and sharks to feed, so the adventure continues — not in a galaxy far, far away, but on your television sets next July.”
Additional Social Media Highlights for Sharknado 3:
- Sharknado 3 trended throughout July 22 across social platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Sharknado 3 was the most social program on television in Twitter activity on July 22, with Syfy’s Sharknado 1 and Sharknado 2: The Second One also ranked in the Top 5 programs.
- Syfy was the most social TV network in Twitter mentions on July 22.
- Video clips from Sharknado 3 have generated nearly 6 million views to date, including 4.1 million on Syfy’s YouTube channel.
- The social campaign asking fans to decide if April (Tara Reid) makes it to Sharknado 4 by voting #AprilLives OR #AprilDies on Twitter or by visiting Sharknado.Syfy.com has earned nearly 40K tweets since the conclusion of Sharknado 3 last night.
- Among the influencers who joined the conversation and tweeted were Tyra Banks, William Shatner, Kevin Jonas, Wendy Williams, Alyson Hannigan, Grant Imahara, Daymond John, as well as NASA, American Red Cross, the Department of Defense, NASCAR, the NBA and the NHL.
Just when you thought it was safe to believe there were no more Sharknado 3 cameos – guess again! Syfy today announced sixteen more guest stars from the worlds of television, sports, WWE, science, comedy, modeling and radio who will join Ian Ziering (Fin), Tara Reid (April) and Cassie Scerbo (Nova) in Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!, when the global pop culture sensation premieres on Syfy Wednesday, July 22 at 9PM (ET/PT).
In the third installment in the Sharknado franchise, which will also premiere on Syfy in 87 countries within 24 hours of the US premiere, Sharknados cause mass destruction in Washington, DC, then roar down the Eastern Seaboard before the final confrontation in Orlando, Florida.
Joining Fin, April and Nova will be David Hasselhoff (Fin’s father, Gil); Bo Derek (April’s mother, May) and Nickelodeon stars Ryan Newman (April and Fin’s daughter, Claudia Shepard) and Jack Griffo (Claudia’s friend, Billy).
While watching the movie, Syfy invites fans to play a rousing game of Sharknado 3 Cameo Bingo using these downloadable (and tweetable!) Bingo cards: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.
NEW SHARKNADO 3 CAMEO APPEARANCES BY:
· Comedian Bill Engvall as White House Chief of Staff Gary Martin Hays
· Actors Lorenzo Lamas as Sergeant Rock and Tim Russ as General Gottlieb
· MMA fighter Josh Barnett as Sergeant Richards
· Former Cincinnati Bengal Chad (Ochocinco) Johnson as a NASA technician
· E!’s Maria Menounos as C.J. Sorkin
· The Insider’s Keltie Knight as Alves
· TMZ’s Harvey Levin as Lester Williams
· Telemundo’s Jorge Bernal as Bernie
· Vine star Melvin Gregg as Chad
· YouTube star Blair Fowler as Jess
· NASA’s Bobak Ferdowsi as Matt Mason
· Model Genevieve Morton as a White House guest
· Pro wrestler Maryse Ouellet Mizanin as a Park Police Guard
· Radio personality Elvis Duran as himself
· Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian as himself
And more surprise Easter Egg cameos!
They join previously revealed cameos by Frankie Muniz, Mark McGrath, Mark Cuban, Ann Coulter, Frankie Muniz, Penn Jillette and Teller, Chris Jericho, Jerry Springer, Jedward, Chris Kirkpatrick, Ray J, Anthony Weiner, Kim Richards, Kendra Wilkinson, Holly Madison, Ryan Kerrigan, Tom Compton, Brian Mitchell, Ne-Yo, Lou Ferrigno, Max Kellerman, Marcellus Wiley, Michelle Beadle, Grant Imahara, Rick Fox, Kathie Lee Gifford, Hoda Kotb, Matt Lauer, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Savannah Guthrie, Reza Farahan, Michele Bachmann, Jackie Collins, Joey Logano and Brad Keselowski. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FULL LIST
Anthony C. Ferrante will once again direct and The Asylum will produce. Sharknado 3 is based on an original screenplay by Thunder Levin.
Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! isn’t the only craziness that is happening next week – six other completely crazy creature movies, mostly involving sharks and featuring the return of Sharktopus, will also debut starting this Saturday and feature heroic actors including Ian Ziering, Steve Guttenberg, Casper Van Dien and Danny Trejo, to round out the second annual Syfy Sharknado Week!
On the docket:
Roboshark premieres Saturday, July 18th at 7PM ET/PT – A great white shark in the Pacific Ocean devours an alien space probe and ends up terrorizing Seattle. Stars: Hristo Balabanov (Robocroc), Nigel Barber (Firequake), Laura Dale (Sherlock) and Isaac Haig (Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever).
Megashark vs Kolossus premieres Saturday, July 18th at 9PM ET/PT – A new Mega Shark and a reawakened Kolossus go head to head. Stars: Illeana Douglas (Ghost World), Amy Rider (The Secret Life of the American Teenager), Brody Hutzler (Days of Our Lives) and Tara Price (The Routine).
Sharktopus vs Whalewolf premieres Sunday, July 19th at 9PM ET/PT – A washed-up baseball player under the care of an anti-aging doctor turns into a half-whale, half-wolf creature – Whalewolf. Stars: Casper Van Dien (Starship Troopers), Catherine Oxenberg (Dynasty), Akari Endo (Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda) and Sarodj Bertin (One Night in Vegas).
3 Headed Shark Attack premieres Monday, July 20th at 7PM ET/PT – A mutated shark tears its way through an island research facility before attacking a party boat. Stars: Danny Trejo (Machete), Rob Van Dam (WWE Superstar), Jason Simmons (Baywatch) and Dawn Hamil (Rage).
Zombie Shark premieres Monday, July 20th at 9PM ET/PT – An experimental shark escapes captivity and wreaks havoc on a group of friends. Stars: Jason London (Dazed and Confused), Leslie Castay (Beautiful Creatures), Laura Cayouette (Django Unchained) and Sloane Coe (Devil’s Due).
Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! premieres Wednesday, July 22nd at 9PM ET/PT – Sharknados cause mass destruction in Washington, DC, then roar down the Eastern Seaboard before the final confrontation in Orlando. Stars: Ian Ziering (Beverly Hills 90210), Tara Reid (American Pie) and Cassie Scerbo (Make It or Break It), along with Bo Derek (10), David Hasselhoff (Baywatch), Mark Cuban (Shark Tank) and Frankie Muniz (Agent Cody Banks).
Lavalantula premieres Saturday, July 25th at 9PM ET/PT – A volcano erupts in Los Angeles, spewing out lava breathing tarantulas. Stars: Steve Guttenberg (Police Academy), Leslie Easterbrook (Police Academy), Michael Winslow (Police Academy: The Series), Marion Ramsey (Police Academy), Nia Peeples (Pretty Little Liars) and Ralph Garman (KROQ DJ).