If you are at SXSW this weekend, you can get a look at that the town of Defiance looks like, chat with one of the stars – and even eat Defiance-style!
Syfy is taking over SXSW Interactive with the transmedia adventure of the Defiance Container Village (San Jacinto & 4th) – an immersive environment that recreates aspects of the futuristic world of Defiance in downtown Austin.
The Defiance Container Village will be live 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. from March 8 – 11. Some of the highlights of SXSW & the village include the following:
– Cast member Jesse Rath will live-tweet from @DefianceWorld. Tweet #DefianceSXSW to join the conversation & possibly win some swag, including a private happy hour in the village.
– SXSW GEEK Stage: The Making of Defiance, A Living Transmedia World
– A Need/Want Social Bar will allow visitors to express & share their personal needs & wants with an app that aggregates the collective results and posts them to the bar’s interactive wall & individual’s social feeds. Throughout the course of SXSW, Needs & Wants will be fulfilled for some lucky participants.
– Chi’Lantro, a Korean-BBQ food truck, will be dramatically transformed & serving its menu Defiance-style.
– One container in the village will be open for the public to relax, charge mobile devices & use the internet.
– Experience Defiance, play the game, mix with cast members, & party with DJs.
If you go say hi to Jesse for me!